Reporting live from PAX Australia, but that doesn’t mean the gaming news has stopped.
- Gearbox Software have announced HD remakes of Homeworld and Homeworld 2 this weekend at PAX Australia. The company acquired the titles from THQ earlier this year, and promised that they would bring the games back in some form. The updated versions will be preceded by digital distribution versions of the original titles for various PC digital platforms later this year.
- In more Gearbox at PAX Australia news, Borderlands 2 is getting a heap of new DLC, including costumes, new raid bosses and a level cap increase to 72. There will also be a new set of challenges set at the end of the story mode. The first pack will be the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack, which will include the level cap increase and new difficulty options. Unfortunately the new content is not part of the season pass.
- After huge critical and commercial success with the two Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games, their producer, Dave Cox, has announced that his team will not be working on further titles in the franchise. In an interview with Destructoid, Cox said “Nobody on the team ever felt like we owned Castlevania. We always felt it was our responsibility now but it wouldn’t be ours forever. Let’s do what we’re going to do, tell our story, and move on.”
- This is a video of a girl meeting a mecha at San Diego Comic Con and I’m putting it here because it’s entirely adorable:
[youtube id=”GVpM3TNTVFY” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- This past week marked the 30th anniversary of the launch of the Famicom in Japan. To mark the occasion, Ars Technica has a great story on the origins of the system, and the challenges Nintendo faced when bringing it to the US.
- A teaser trailer for the upcoming World of Warcraft movie was shown at San Diego Comic Con today. According to Polygon, the trailer showed a human and an orc preparing for battle. The movie will be directed by Duncan Jones, who’s previous credits include Moon and Source Code.
This week’s cover photo was taken by me at PAX Australia. Full PAX coverage will happen during the week.