Acquire Corp, best known for their Tenchu series of games, released an action-adventure game called Gladiator Vs in Japan late last year. Nippon Ichi Software America announced earlier this year that they’ll be producing a localisation of the game, under the name Clan of Champions, and the’ve made the full details available today. The game will be a PlaySation 3 exclusive, available as a download-only game from the PlayStation Store.
For those not familiar with the game, it’s set in a medieval fantasy world, where magic and mystery run rampant.You’ll have the choice of three different races to play as, human, elf, or orc. Players are tasked with engaging in a variety of combat-focused missions, each of which will be unique. The game features full co-op support, and this is where things get interesting. You can play by yourself, or with 2 others in the online co-op mode. Clan of Champions also featuresa 3-vs-3 team battle mode, where you can fight your friends or rival teams. Nippon Ichi released a list of the game’s key features:
- Fast-paced Combat – Jump into the fray with a variety of fighting styles and magical spell sets. Find your favorite combination of skills to take on the enemy!
- Multiplayer – Recruit your friends online with the 3-person co-op mode or 3-vs-3 battle mode.
- Customization – Customize your character’s appearance and stat distribution. There are many different weapons and plenty of equipment to aid in creating a unique warrior in your battle for survival!
- Dynamic Warfare – Strip your enemy of their gear mid-battle and seize it for your own use! Switch weapons and fighting styles on the fly!
- Weapon Mastery – Pick whichever weapon type you’d like to specialize in. The longer you use each type of weapon, the more skills and moves you’ll unlock!
While most of it sounds like fairly standard fare, it’s always good to see a game that embraces co-op play. The dynamic warfare in particular sounds like it’ll be add an extra element to combat. The game is scheduled for a release in both North America and PAL territories in late summer this year. For now though, you can check out a couple of screenshots below.