The second Wednesday of the year already? Indeed, and there’s already a ton of gaming news.
- NEWS: Love or hate the idea of it, the Shadow of the Colossus movie has found itself a writer. As described on The Hollywood Reporter, the writer is none other than Seth Lochhead, the man behind the script for the acclaimed action film Hanna. Chronicle director Josh Trank is said to be directing the film as well.
- NEWS: Can’t get enough of puzzle solving? Then the news of yet another Professor Layton game should please you, as reported by Siliconera. Titled Professor Layton And The Azaran Legacies, it will be available in Japan next month. Chances are, the English-speaking world will see it released too.
- NEWS: The lineup for this year’s Evolution fighting game tournament has been unveiled, as posted on Event Hubs. The predictable titles aside (Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), players can also battle it out in Mortal Kombat 9 and Persona 4 Arena. Also notable is that the slot for game #8 will be up to the players to vote for.
- NEWS: Those pesky Sims are at it again, and this time they’re heading to university… er, again. Joystiq reports that the latest expansion for the Sims universe will be University Life, harking back to the good ol’ days of Sims 2 and crashing frat parties.
- VIDEO: In a move that’s just a couple of weeks too late, Capcom has released another trailer for the upcoming Remember Me, featuring Nilin and a fight against a boss named Kid Xmas. There’s a surprising lack of reindeer and pudding.
[youtube id=”98UreVy7uiM” width=”600″ height=”350″]