Saturday is upon us once again, and that means that it’s time to sit back, relax and play a good game or two. What’s that? You’ve finished Halo 4 since last weekend? Well, not to worry. If you’re into puzzle games, then I hear that this new Professor Layton game is worth a look. Don’t have a 3DS? That’s ok. Now’s a good time to get into the Deponia series anyway, especially considering that the first game is now selling for only $10 as part of Steam’s Autumn Sale. It’s also a good time to read today’s gaming news, so go ahead:
- NEWS: Looks like Splash Damage, the developers of Brink, are teasing a new game. Their official website is now displaying an image which shows a radioactive symbol as well as a message saying ‘11.29. 11: 29’. Sounds like a time and date for the reveal, but what could it be…
- NEWS: Although Skyfall is performing rather well after its recent release, the situation isn’t so pretty over at James Bond game developer Eurocom’s studio. They’ve axed 155 jobs this week, which equates to the majority of their workforce, due to cash-flow problems. Apparently, the remaining employess will be focusing on creating products for the mobile market.
- VIDEO: Ubisoft have released a new feature video for Far Cry 3, showing off tactics, weapons and some fancy skills. Check it out below:
[youtube id=”Jnx7ZskjwF0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Looks like Zynga and Angry Birds have some competition in the mobile game market, with the release of Icy Tower 2 managing 1 million downloads in just 10 days. Pretty impressive for a game that a lot of people haven’t even heard of.
- NEWS: The English release of Atlus’ enhanced version of Persona 4, called Persona 4 Golden, for PlayStation Vita has been a huge success. A few days after release, it’s tied for the title of 4th best game of all time, according to Metacritic.
- VIDEO: City Interactive have just released a gameplay teaser trailer for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. The game is due for release in early 2013, but we’ve finally been given the opportunity to see how well the game is coming along.
[youtube id=”AyVUqPVw5Uc” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Type-Moon have revealed new artwork and screenshots for their expansion to their PSP RPG Fate/Extra, called Fate/Extra CCC. There’s a new female character, and she’s ended up with a rather unorthodox Servant...
- VIDEO: Splinter Cell: Blacklist may not be due for release until next year, but Ubisoft have put together an interesting look behind the scenes at what goes into making the game’s combat scenes.
[youtube id=”egC-BeT6Dtk” width=”600″ height=”350″]