- NEWS: Dragon’s Crown has been confirmed for release in Australia and New Zealand. The game will hit both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on the 17th of October.
- NEWS: The Smash Bros. website has been updated with a small screenshot of what looks to be a Pilotwings map.
- NEWS: Nintendo has released a firmware update for the 3DS. The major drawcard of version 6.2.0-12U is the StreetPass Relay feature, which will allow users’ info to be uploaded to Nintendo Zones, while downloading others’.
- NEWS: In an effort to bring their finances back to a more manageable level, Zynga has announced that they will be closing down four OMGPOP games, as well as the OMGPOP website. The games affected are Cupcake Corner, Gem Rush, Pool World Champ and Snoops, although the company notes that Draw Something, Draw Something 2 or Draw My Thing will not be affected.
- NEWS: A chat between Joystiq and a Bethesda representative reveals that the Wii U isn’t on the company’s on the radar – at least for the short term. Pete Hines, the company’s vice president of Marketing and PR, describes it as “largely a hardware thing”, with the company making “the games that we want to make, on whatever platforms will support them as developed”.
- NEWS: The official website for the latest installment in the Guilty Gear series, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, has been updated, confirming Chipp, May, Venom and Potemkin as playable characters.
- NEWS: Alas, it seems that Planetside 2 will not have cross-play compatibility between PC and PlayStation 4. Matt Higby, creative director of the game, had this to say about it to Eurogamer: “Because of the update cadence, and the additional steps you have to go through to be able to release an update on the PlayStation network, we’re not going to be able to keep our servers in sync, so you won’t be able to just play with the same people.”
VIDEO: Here’s the debut trailer for War of the Vikings, an online multiplayer combat game from the creators of War of the Roses.[youtube id=”5SCDhF2d3AE” width=”600″ height=”350″]