EA has announced that it is closing servers for a number of older titles. According to EA, these titles have dwindled to less than 1% of all online activity within the company’s servers, and it’s no longer viable to maintain the support needed for them. Unusually, this round of closures includes a small number of games with online passes.
The full list, as reported on EA’s site, is…
- Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii)
- Burnout Revenge (XBox 360)
- EA Create (PC, PS3, Wii, 360)
- EA Sports Active (PS3, Wii, 360)
- FIFA 10 (PSP, Wii)
- The Godfather II (PC, PS3, 360)
- MMA (PS3, 360)
- Need for Speed: ProStreet (PS3, 360)
- The Saboteur (PS3, 360) (“Midnight Club” closed)
- Spare Parts (PS3, 360)
These titles are all being shut down on April 13. A number of mobile titles, including Battlefield 3 Aftershock and Ghost Harvest will close on March 31.