For a new year, we have all new news, in a new Rocket Chainsaw news update.
- NEWS: Nintendo has announced Pokémon X and Y for Nintendo 3DS. The game will be fully 3D, feature new starting Pokémon and new gameplay. The game is targeting a release date of October 2013.
[youtube id=”4bIrWryFc7A” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Polygon reports Firaxis has released a free DLC pack, available to download now, for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, adding a host of new gameplay alterations. Most of the new options can be switched on after initial completion of the game, creating fresh challenges and outcomes for players craving another go.
- NEWS: CD Projekt RED are set to release a teaser trailer for their next role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 this Thursday.
- NEWS: PAX Australia has released new tickets for the previously full expo. Following an overwhelming response, a new hall has been added, with single day passes again available for purchased from the PAX website.
- NEWS: With THQ in dire straights, it has been announced that the publisher’s assets will be sold at action on a ‘title-by-title’ basis. Electronic Arts and Warner Bros are said to be among the interested shoppers.
- NEWS: A Valve-supported PC from Xi3 Corporation is set to appear at CES 2013. Designed for Steam, the modular computer is described as a ‘development stage system optimized for computer gameplay on large high-definition television monitors’.
- VIDEO: Electronic Arts has released a video detailing Dead Space 3‘s Kinect compatibility.
[youtube id=”KMTCydTkJGU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: The LinkedIn profile of an employee from visual animation studio Blur, since removed but captured by Allgamesbeta, notes that a trailer for Dead Rising 3 was made in 2012.
- NEWS: DayZ creator Dean Hall has revealed plans to release a standalone version of the popular ArmA 2 mod has been delayed to give the game additional development time so that it can be ‘the game the way we all dreamed it could be’.
- NEWS: Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli, speaking with Digital Spy, has said Crysis 3 will not be appearing on WiiU as ‘there’s not enough business drive in it’.
- NEWS: Judging by an image posted on Allgamesbeta, Bane and Lex Luthor will be featuring in Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- VIDEO: Platinum Games’ 2013 showreel offers up another peek at Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and The Wonderful 101.
[youtube id=”OXcm3SXMdiE” width=”600″ height=”350″]