Back to work, and back to the news!
- NEWS: Developer Crytek has opened a new studio in Austin, Texas. The studio is headed by David Adams, former General Manager and co-owner of the defunct THQ-parented Vigil. Gamasutra reports that the team will consist of ’35 experienced developers’, and IGN confirmes that these all are all ‘former Vigil Games employees’. Crytek’s Jens Schafer told Gamasutra the studio is essentially ‘like a new start for [the team at Vigil]”.
- NEWS: BioWare has teased what is looking to be the final DLC for Mass Effect 3, with new images appearing on the twitter accounts of franchise director Casey Hudson and producer Mike Gamble. Hudson says of the first image ‘Looks like a nice place for some R&R’, while Gamble says of his screenshot ‘Does not look like a guy you’d want to mess with’.
- VIDEO: Crysis 3 fans can watch a tutorial video for the upcoming multiplayer beta.
[youtube id=”h-_6fAG-E5Q” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Rumours are flying that Epic Mickey developers Junction Point have been closed. The twitter account of Robert Space Industries, in a now-deleted post, farewelled the studio. The account now credits the story to My Nintendo News, but confusingly, this just points back to the original twitter post. Kotaku is waiting on official word from Disney.
- NEWS: The Chinese government is reviewing a decade-long ban on game consoles, reports China Daily.
- VIDEO: A new video for BioShock Infinite explores the floating city of Columbia.
[youtube id=”XpPgepMEKCc” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: A multiplayer demo for Gears of War: Judgement‘s OverRun mode is coming March 19, the same day as the game’s retail release.
- NEWS: The upcoming SimCity is set for release on Mac later this year.
- NEWS: A public demo for Dead Space 3, featuring the ability to play solo or co-op, is now available on Xbox LIVE and PSN.
- VIDEO: A launch trailer for the Hitman HD Trilogy has hit the internet.
[youtube id=”k40ba1k5XIs” width=”600″ height=”350″]