- NEWS: IGN has the scoop on Telltale’s first digitalised adventure of DC Comic’s Fable series. Titled The Wolf Among Us, the series will serve as a prequel to the comics, and follow the exploits of one big bad wolf in New York City. The Wolf Among Us is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac later this year.
- NEWS: Kotaku is reporting that 2K Marin’s XCOM reboot has possibly been renamed The Bureau, a theory based on several registered domain names. 2K Marin’s XCOM has succumbed to several delays and reworkings, leading to a development cycle ongoing eight years. 2K is yet to confirm the status of XCOM, including the rebranding.
- NEWS: AllGamesBeta have a whole bunch of new Grand Theft Auto V screenshots to ogle over. Go and ogle.
- VIDEO: Surprising nobody, Konami has confirmed that The Phantom Pain is actually Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, and that the previously teased Ground Zeroes will serve as a prologue mission of sorts. Kind of like the Tanker / Big Shell separation in Metal Gear Solid 2, and Virtuous Mission / Operation Snake Eater in Metal Gear Solid 3. Accompanying this announcement is a new trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, showcasing elements of both the Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain trailer, as well as new footage. Metal Gear Solid 5 is currently slated for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with next-generation up-ports and a PC version heavily rumoured.
[youtube id=”xw5t45tEPWQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: A wealth of achievements for the yet-to-be-announced Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon have leaked. Though nobody actually knows what Blood Dragon is, achievements indicate that the player will be required to take down…dragons.
- NEWS: Later this year we’re expecting Rome 2: Total War. But that’s not all The Creative Assembly has in the works. According to one of their developers on twitter, the studio will be talking about another game based on the Total War formula at GDC 2013. Based on reports early last year, this may be Warhammer: Total War. Fingers crossed!
- NEWS: Tecmo Koei has announced via press release a parternship with Epic Games to power their upcoming Yaibi: Ninja Gaiden Z with Unreal Engine 3. Headed by Megaman veteran Keiji Inafune, Yaibi is a Ninja Gaiden-esque spin-off staring a main character that disembowels and brutalise hoards of the undead. Though a release date has not yet been given, Tecmo Koei are assuring more information about Yaibi will be available in the upcoming months. Our guess is E3 2013.
- VIDEO: Here’s a ‘vampire powers’ trailer for a game you may not have heard of called Dark.
[youtube id=”aGgwMC7DtEw” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Pleased with the graphical quality of Battlefield 4? Expanding on what was already known, BioWare has confirmed over twitter that both Dragon Age III and the next iteration of Mass Effect will be similarly powered by Frostbite 3.
- VIDEO: New footage of Vanillaware’s enhanced port of Muramasa: The Demon Blade for PlayStation Vita can be seen below.
[youtube id=”AViFrv62rJg” width=”600″ height=”350″]