Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to May. Have some gaming news to go along with it.
- NEWS: The latest title update patch for Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma and the expansion, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is having a nasty side effect, with some players’ save data being corrupted, meaning the game will not save or load their progress. Capcom recommends backing up your save data while they look into it or if you’ve been affected, to play the game offline.
- NEWS: Sony is set to release a compilation of some of its best games, aptly titled The Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1. The compilation will include Tokyo Jungle, Fat Princess, When Vikings Attack, and Sound Shapes and will cost USD$20 in America when it is released in June. Not a bad deal, considering Tokyo Jungle is about USD$15 on its own and that it was a pretty awesome game, as per our review here.
- NEWS: Acclaimed adventure game Kentucky Route Zero has hit a bit of a snag, with the release of Act 2 being delayed to mid-May, bumped from the end of April.
- NEWS: Ever wanted to play as Blade Wolf in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? Now you can, with the upcoming release of a story DLC pack for the game. As per a press release as seen on Siliconera, the DLC will “reveal LQ-84i’s story prior to his battle and eventual partnership with Raiden, and his transformation into Blade Wolf”. The DLC will be out in PAL territories on May the 15th.
- NEWS: Yet even more games have been revealed for the European launch of the Wii U Virtual Console. The selection this time around is a bit more exciting, with the launch trailer below showing off games such as Mega Man, Xevious, Balloon Fight, Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter II and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. No points for guessing which is most likely to receive the most purchases.
[youtube id=”UDz9WDCefX8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]