March is upon us, and what a big month it is! We’ve got more AAA titles than we know what to do with (and can probably afford), and there’s plenty more to come. Just look at today’s news. The future is now.
- NEWS: You may have heard about Square-Enix’s recent registering of a new Deus Ex related trademark. It turns out that Deus Ex: Human Defiance is actually a movie trademark, which has now been linked to CBS Films. There’s been talk of a Deus Ex movie for some time now, and this development suggests that the project is moving into pre-production.
- NEWS: CD Projekt have released a bunch of new screenshots for ther upcoming RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The fairly pretty shots show off the open-world gameplay, and some of the huge environments that players will be exploring when the game releases next year.
- NEWS: Sony are very pleased with the progress of their PlayStation Plus service, with the number of users tripling over the past 12 months. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe boss, Jim Ryan, has talked a little about the future of the service. Sony intend for PlayStation Plus to play a prominent role with the PlayStation 4, but just because they have a new console launching soon, that doesn’t mean that they’ll be forgetting about all the PS3 owners out there.
- VIDEO: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is due for release a little later this month, and Sony have released a new trailer for us to laugh at in the meantime. The ‘Bentley’s Helpline’ trailer features Bentley having a little technical trouble while trying to assemble a time machine.
[youtube id=”Q8Ww1T-qaQM” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: The game hasn’t even been released yet, but Bioshock Infinite has already managed to cause a little controversy. According to Gamespot, one developer at Irrational Games was so offended by the religious themes of a particular scene in the game that he made a move to resign immediately after viewing it.
- NEWS: Ubisoft just can’t keep a lid on their Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag info. A page discovered on the game’s teaser website has revealed that the game will be released on the 29th of October, in line with the releases of previous AC games. More surprisingly, though, the page also mentions that the game will be coming to next-gen consoles. Sounds like the PlayStation 4 might just have a new launch title, thanks to Ubisoft.
- NEWS: The president of Nippon Ichi Software, Sohei Niikawa, has spoken out about why the developer decided to make the The Guided Fate Paradox instead of a sequel to 2010’s Z.H.P: Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman. The two games have very similar gameplay, but feature completely different settings and characters, and Sohei explains Nippon Ichi’s thought process quite effectively.
- VIDEO: Sony have released a new behind the scenes video for Quantic Dream’s upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, showing Willem Dafoe (who many will remember as the Green Goblin in the 2002 Spider-Man movie) and Ellen Page performing. As you might expect, motion capturing has been used extensively in the making of the game.
[youtube id=”Tieg9y9w85M” width=”600″ height=”350″]