- NEWS: There’s good news for Final Fantasy fans, as Square-Enix have confirmed that their upcoming HD remasters of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 will be based on the International version of the games. While the International version of Final Fantasy X is identical to the one that was released in PAL territories, Final Fantasy X-2‘s is a very different story, as it has never been released outside of Japan. It adds two new playable jobs, as well as a monster taming system, similar to the one seen in last year’s Final Fantasy XIII-2. In addition, there’s also a Last Mission mode, which basically serves as a Final Fantasy X-3. Set after the events of the main game, it adds further closure to the story, and features totally different gameplay.
- NEWS: Sony have revealed their April line-up for their PlayStation Plus service, and it’s a great list. For PlayStation 3, you’ll be able to grab the gorgeous Okami HD for free, as well as Lord of the Rings: War in the North and The Cave. On PlayStation Vita, you’ll be treated to a free copy of last year’s excellent visual novel Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (sequel to the critically acclaimed Nintendo DS game 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors), as well as indie puzzle platformer Thomas Was Alone.
- VIDEO: Diablo III is coming soon to PlayStation 3, and Sony have just released a trailer of the game running on their console for the first time.
[youtube id=”CqHvko4saRo” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Sega are teasing a new PlayStation exclusive game on their Japanese website right now. It’s coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita, but what could it be? They’re set to reveal the game on the 28th, which also happens to be the fourth day of the 2013 Game Developers Conference, and that’s probably not a coincidence. So, who’s hoping for a Shenmue HD collection?
- NEWS: Hoping for more games to play on your PlayStation Vita this year? PlayStation’s Director of Product Planning, Don Mesa, has confirmed that more than 100 games will be released for PlayStation Vita in 2013. While speaking to IGN, he mentioned that there will be a strong focus on indie titles, but also that there are unrevealed games in the works by Sony’s studios. He also shared some stats about Vita owners, showing that most are satisfied with their purchase.
- NEWS: Capcom have prepared a blast from the past for us, in the form of DuckTales Remastered. They’re giving the classic Nintendo Entertainment System-era platformer (originally released in 1989) new life, with redrawn sprites and remixed music, along with new areas and new voice work by the original actors. The new release is coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U later this year as a downloadable title.
- VIDEO: Speaking of DuckTales Remastered, Capcom also released the first trailer, showing off the game in action, and bringing a tear to the eyes of those old enough to remember the original animated series.
[youtube id=”6N0PzqF9gWY” width=”600″ height=”350″]