Americans need only wait a couple more days before they can sink their teeth into Nintendo’s next home console. Australians? We have to wait until the end of the month. A bloody outrage.
Someone get A Current Affair on the line.
- NEWS: Yesterday’s mention of Splinter Cell proves an omen, today hearing word from Variety that actor by day, UFC fighter by night, Tom Hardy will star in a film adaptation of the franchise. Whether or not Hardy is set to play protagonist Sam Fisher remains a mystery.
- NEWS: A very early morning surprise Nintendo Direct from Saturo Iwata, translated on NeoGAF, has detailed storage solutions for the Wii U. Nintendo will only “officially” support portable USB hard drives up to two terabytes in size and powered by an external source. Iwata did note that USB powered drives can be used, but cannot guaranty stability, and advises USB drives us Y-type cabling for connection.
- NEWS: Jumping on the free-to-play bandwagon, Square-Enix has made Lara Croft’s isometric action adventure Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light playable by all for a grand total of zero dollars. You will need to play it through your browser, however, via Google’s native Chrome client. To try it out, head to Core Online.
- VIDEO: Though it needs no introduction, Rockstar has once again set the gaming world abuzz with a new trailer for Grand Theft Auto V. See the three protagonists in action for the first time below.
[youtube id=”Vzue74y7A84″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Fans of shambling hoards and nail biting narratives won’t have to wait long until Episode 5 of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, the final chapter destined to bring tears on the 20th November for the United States. That means we should get it sometime on the 21st.
- NEWS: 4Gamer.net has the first screenshots off Dragon Quest VII for Nintendo 3DS. Check them out to see how the remake is shaping up.
- NEWS: Famitsu has the scoop on a handful of new characters and stages set to appear in the oh-so-strange Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle. Not much else to say, so we’ll let the images explain themselves.
- VIDEO: Catch a glimpse of Crysis 3‘s single player mode and impressive graphics in Crytek’s latest trailer.
[youtube id=”GEvCpWaGYsY” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: With world domination on the cards, EA has opened yet another development studio, transforming Swedish EA Gothenberg into Ghost Games. As stated on the official website, Ghost Games prides itself on three pillars of development: excellence, fun, and respect. On the hunt for new talent, our international readers (and locals not afraid to move) should check out their careers page.
- NEWS: TimeSplitters fans sure are persistent. Again quizzing Cevat Yerli on the defunct Free Radical’s cult property, Yerli noted that strong demand for a TimeSplitters HD Collection may lead to just that. How strong? 300,00 signatures. A high bar to meet, but a set goal none-the-less. If you’re interested in pledging interest in a re-released TimeSplitters, check out the petition.
- VIDEO: On the fence when it comes to Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified for PlayStation Vita? Maybe this brief commercial will give you a better idea of how it plays.
[youtube id=”_gsE_1I5dBM” width=”600″ height=”350″]