As darkened military operations continue infecting gaming platforms around the world, the news also never stops.
- NEWS: Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, talking to Polygon, has assured fans that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development, although work on the Rayman series has put it on the backburner. Guillemot also says that Ubisoft would be open to purchasing assets of the floundering THQ.
- NEWS: More DLC is on the way for Sleeping Dogs. The story-based Zodiac Tournament Pack, available later in the year, will feature a new island, with new fight arenas, enemies and bosses. A range of other DLC packs will begin hitting November 14, adding weapons, character upgrades, moves and costumers.
- NEWS: It appears that a number of Black Ops 2 PC discs have accidentally shipped with code for Mass Effect 2. Activision is yet to respond, but in the meantime, BioWare is offering the entire Mass Effect Trilogy to affected players.
- NEWS: Epic Games’ Tim Sweeny believes that next-gen games will “double the cost” of the current generation.
- NEWS: In more signs of the digital age, UK media business Future is discontinuing the sale of Xbox World and PSM3 magazine.
- NEWS: Microsoft is celebrating 10 years of Xbox LIVE will a custom-made Xbox 360, which is apparently finding its way into the hands of decade-long LIVE members.
- NEWS: Blizzard has announced a release date for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm. The RTS will be available come March 13 2013, and fans will of course be able to find the obligatory Collector’s Edition.
- VIDEO: Ubisoft has published a Splinter Cell: Blacklist video, showing your more traditional stealth experience. Sam Fisher just might be going back to his roots.
[youtube id=”cfGjAJYPW_E” width=”600″ height=”350″]