- Pirates be warned: a supposedly “leaked” version of Grand Theft Auto V is currently making the rounds on public torrent sites but is actually malware in disguise. WCCFTech notes that attempting to install the game not only deploys malicious software, but also instructs the user to fill out surveys in order to access the validation key.
- Microsoft’s upcoming mech title Titanfall has been given an official release date. Expect to see it on Aussie and European shores on March the 13th next year. Big spenders take note: a collector’s edition exclusive to EB Games has been announced as well, featuring an 18-inch, handcrafted model of the titan, schematic poster and full-size artbook. Oh, and the game. This edition can be yours for a mere AUD$399, but be quick – there will only be 300 available in the country. Preorders open on October 30 at 10AM Sydney time.
- In more game release news, Tales fans rejoice: the PlayStation 3 HD re-release of Tales of Symphonia and its Wii sequel, Dawn of the New World, is heading to PAL regions on February the 28th next year. In addition to the standard edition, a collector’s edition will also be available and will include a pair of chibi figures, novel, soundtrack and exclusive packaging.
- In even more game release news, EA Games has confirmed that The Sims 4 will be out in Q3 next year. We’ve still got a long way to go, but all that means is more time to design the ultimate Sim home (or dungeon).
- PAL Dragon’s Crown players can now access cross-platform play.
- Finally, in more adventures in piracy, here’s a trailer prepping you for what you can expect in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag: