Final Fantasy XIV Online’s latest important patch – 6.2 dubbed ‘Buried Memory’ – is finally on the horizon, with a release date set for 23 August. The patch was revealed in a ‘Letter from the Producer’ broadcast by Naoki Yoshida, Producer and Director, along with further details about the new content being added to the game. The game’s presence at PAX Aus 2022 in Melbourne this October was also announced.
Among the additional content is:
- Island Sanctuary – A new type of casual solo content, allowing players to build and care for their own personal farm on a deserted island.
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New Side Story Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor continuation
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia.
- New Trial – A new trial with Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties, with the Savage difficulty raid planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal).
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystalline Conflict Season 3 will begin with the release of Patch 6.2. Hidden Gorge will also resume, along with adjustments to PvP actions and the Crystalline Conflict ranked matching system.
- Continued Improvements to the Main Scenario:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from the 2.x series to 3.0 (Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery and The Vault).
- The Steps of Faith trial will be reworked into a solo quest battle.
- The Thornmarch trial will be revamped.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including, updates to adventurer plates and portraits, glamour dresser capacity expansion from 400 to 800 slots, and more.
In addition, content for Patch 6.25, which will arrive at a later date in the future was previewed, and includes:
- New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with the Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- New “Another Path: Criterion Dungeons” Battle Content – High difficulty four-player content, which features a distinct structure and enemies of the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics
There was also a new pretty cool collaboration with Insert Coin unveiled, in the form of an embroidered jacket available to order at their website. Additionally, a ‘Mogchute Farm’ livestream was announced, planned to celebrate the launch of Island Sanctuary content – taking place at Mudchute Farm, a registered charity dedicated to care for the environment. The stream will run from 1PM BST Monday 15 August to 1PM BST Friday 19 August, at the official Twitch channel.
You can check out the trailer for the patch below: