At Rocket Chainsaw we’re always looking for ways to improve our distribution of content. We strive to make it easier for you, readers both old and new, to catch up on events and news with minimal fuss and effort. The modern world moves fast, and we know that between conference calls, filling spreadsheets, picking up the kids, and mowing the lawn, you probably don’t have the time to scroll through pages of news.
So we’re happy to introduce our newest feature: a daily compendium of recent news. Instead of news trickling across the Rocket Chainsaw front page, you can all look forward to all the daily buzz (announcements, trailers, gossip, etc) organised into a singular, end-of-day post for you to read once you knock off from work, get home from school, when your partner in life/crime hits the sack. Whatever suits.
We’ll kick things off with some of the more interesting news to come out of Monday 29th October, as well as some we’ve missed over the last couple of days. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on this new feature, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- NEWS: Two interesting listings have popped up on the official ESRB website, rating both Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for PlayStation 3. Could we be seeing a new HD remake compilation?
- NEWS: Could we be seeing Grand Theft Auto V early next year? Yep, if these in-store promotional images on All Games Beta are to be believed. They indicate GTAV would appear in the US during Spring, so sometime between March and May.
- VIDEO: Nintendo has revealed a new Paper Mario: Sticker Star trailer for Nintendo 3DS, showing new enemies, items and locations.
[youtube id=”O6Yw8nMfJkA” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Criterion’s sandbox racer due early next month, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, will be making its way to the Nintendo Wii U sometime in 2013. The announcement was accidentally leaked via Nintendo’s own fiscal report. Better late than never, right?
- NEWS: Valve’s push for Steam on Linux is gearing up, the company opening an official Steam/Linux survey. Linux users are encouraged to fill it out and give feedback, ensuring the best possible Steam experience once the program launches.
- VIDEO: Ubisoft is bringing Far Cry 3 themed goodies to Minecraft! Check them out in the video below
[youtube id=”b-UrP6kYwJU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: The highly anticipated Assassin’s Creed III has made its way into a few lucky hands. Ending spoilers are out in the wild, so those waiting are warned to be careful where they click!
- NEWS: An official website for Tales of Hearts R has finally opened, for Japan no less. The game is set to be a remake of Tales of Hearts for Nintendo DS. Neither the original nor this remake are scheduled for localisation. Yet.
- VIDEO: The debut trailer for Demon Gaze can be seen below. The dungeon crawling RPG will be released in Japan early next year for PlayStation Vita.
[youtube id=”JUfE-uS2GMM” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: We might not traditionally celebrate Halloween in Australia, but if you’re one of those that do, Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox Software has provided some brilliant game-themed print-out masks to wear. Now you too can be Handsome Jack, in case you weren’t handsome enough already.
- NEWS: Not much is known about Miiverse for Wii U. However, according to Gaming Everything‘s transcript of Nintendo’s investors conference, Saturo Iwata stated that a Nintendo Direct dedicated to Miiverse will screen prior to the system’s launch. The clock is ticking.
- VIDEO: Fancy cinematic trailer for Hitman: Absolution? You betcha. Check it out.
[youtube id=”k0j902ho-4M” width=”600″ height=”350″]