Calling Wednesday “hump day” simply brings to light the depressing reality that we live from weekend to weekend, spending money we hated earning on crap we won’t ever have time to use. In other news, the Wii U launches soon.
- NEWS: What is surely the leakiest game in history, Bungie’s Destiny has yet again had more otherwise secret information spill out into the public. All the goods can be found in this handy NeoGAF post, where we learn a little more about Destiny‘s science fiction plot and social focus. There’s also a pretty good chance it’s going to appear at the 2012 Video Game Awards early next month, we’re guessing as Microsoft’s next generation teaser.
- NEWS: Amidst the Wii U’s launch in the US we came to learn of a user accidentally accessing a hidden Miiverse template, detailing unannounced (and possibly non-existent) games like Yoshi’s Land Wii U, Resident Evil, and Metal Gear Solid. Suspected to be a meaningless template…but perhaps a little more? Today both Best Buys and Future Shop updated their online listing to include the former title: Yoshi’s Land Wii U. Either an eager Nintendo fan is assuming a little too much, or the original leak is legitimate.
- VIDEO: DICE’s Battlefield 3 expansion pack extravaganza continues, with Aftermath due early next month. Check out the launch trailer below.
[youtube id=”vVlnPYsmwCk”width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: That rumoured “Wii mini“? Yeah, it’s real, and exclusive to Canada. Nintendo has announced the Wii mini will cut GameCube support and WiFi, making the small box a little bit smaller, and retail for a CAD$99.99. No word on it coming our way.
- NEWS: We liked Dishonored and apparently you all did too. Speaking to Destructoid, a Bethesda representative has stated that sales for the steam punk stealth/action game have “far exceeded” expectations. “We clearly have a new franchise“, he says. Yay!
- VIDEO: Build better futures in Sim City, and see that building in this newest trailer.
[youtube id=”XTny_UnKLvk” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Though they’re fighting to win back fans with the re-release of Final Fantasy XIV, Square-Enix is more than aware of the MMO’s negative reception at original launch. Speaking with Kotaku, Final Fantasy XIV producer Naoki Yoshida has claimed that the company cannot make another mistake like this again, and that doing so would “be like at the level of destroying the company“. Strong words.
- NEWS: Boot up your copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS if you haven’t already, as Nintendo is offering a bundle of DLC for free. The Gold Classics Pack features remixed and remade stages from Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3, the chosen levels based on survey feedback. The pack is a free download until the end of January 2013.
- VIDEO: Speaking of 3DS, here’s a teaser trailer for the English release of Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan.
[youtube id=”iV9GugnThJY” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Some might believe the time for new consoles is now, but a good case can be made for the market speaking otherwise. Major Nelson has given an update on the Xbox 360‘s performance during the United States’ Black Friday sales explosion, the console managing to land in a whopping 750,000 new homes. Seems like a lot of people are still down for the current generation.
- NEWS: Square-Enix’ Eidos branch wishes to make Hitman an annual franchise. And All Games Beta has what they’re claiming to be the very first concept art for the next game. New protagonist? Alternate universe?
- VIDEO: We’ll stop posting Far Cry 3 stuff when the game is out. Okay maybe not. Here’s a co-op trailer.
[youtube id=”3DFevS3z0FM” width=”600″ height=”350″]