- NEWS: Sony have confirmed that PS4’s will record the last 15 minutes of gameplay, allowing lengthy uploads of unplanned mad skillz. The need to clarify came from confusion around the word “several” being mistaken for “seven”. This trumps the Xbox One’s 5 minutes of automatic recording – but the result could merely lead to lengthier, pointless videos – as opposed to plain old pointless.
- NEWS: Analyst Colin Sebastian believes an initial console shortage will hit after the respective PS4 and Xbox One releases later this year – meaning secure one ASAP.
- NEWS: Injustice‘s Martian Manhunter DLC has been set to release Tuesday July 30 for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Nintendo fans will have to wait to get their hands on DC’s shapeshifting E.T however, as no WiiU date has yet been mentioned.
- NEWS: Activision have announced a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles title based on the popular Nickelodeon series. This looks to be a child-friendly version as opposed to the already announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows that hints at a darker take on ‘Turtle Power’. The game will arrive on Xbox 360, Wii and 3DS later this year – check out the trailer below.
[youtube id=”9qW9eF6YP2o” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Ru Weerasuriya, boss of Ready at Dawn Studios (most notable for the PSP installments of God of War and Daxter) argues that second-hand game trading is not only damaging developers, but also the consumer – who will lose out when companies don’t make enough revenue from sales. The comments came after he attempted to buy a new game from GameStop, but was offered a second hand game instead. Weerasuriya’s argument brings nothing new to the table, but have managed to re-spark conflict in forums netwide.
- NEWS: South Park creator Trey Parker stated that Skyrim‘s influence on The Stick of Truth was almost crippling as they tried to make the game “too big” as a result. Skyrim is just one of the many games included in the hotly anticipated SP game’s influence list – other titles include the likes of The Legend of Zelda, Earthbound and Final Fantasy. When asked if they would convert the leftover content into DLC Trey Parker replied with a kindly “F–k that”.
- AND FINALLY: ‘Breaking Bad’ star Bryan Cranston ninja’d his way through Comic-Con undisturbed thanks to a plastic mask of his TV alter-ego “Heisenberg”. Not gaming news, true, but we thought it was pretty cool.