- NEWS: What is Bethesda teasing? Two separate videos, one here and the other here, appear to be teasing their next big game. According to the twitter of Bethesda developer Pete Hines, this is not for the next Fallout. There’s two theories: firstly, it’s a new Wolfenstein title. This is linked to the World War II era themes and music in the teasers, as well as Bethesda owning the rights to the series, and having recently registered Wolfenstein domain names. The other theory is that this is Shinji Mikami’s long awaited Project Zwei, which is being funded by Bethesda. It’s interesting to note that the official Project Zwei website has noted the existence of these teasers.
- NEWS: Troubled Australian developer Team Bondi may have finally hit their limits. According to a rumour posted by MCV Pacific, their in-development Whore of Orient has failed to attract a publisher, forcing massive layoffs at the studio, and a possible closure. We’ll no doubt hear more soon.
- VIDEO: Capcom has today announced Monster Hunter Online, a possibly China orientated free-to-play Monster Hunter game, curiously powered by Crytek’s CryEngine 3. Check it out in motion below.
[youtube id=”Lxd_V1P_Vhs” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: In the late hours of last night, Nintendo screened a Nintendo Direct. And within this Nintendo Direct were many glorious things. Firstly, the 3DS stuff. Square-Enix’s JRPG Bravely Default has been given an official PAL localisation, at the hands of Nintendo, and will be coming our way (or at least Europe) later this year, as will Capcom’s Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. Nintendo’s latest Mario & Luigi title, named Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros., will be available for purchase in July. As for new stuff, Nintendo announced The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past II, an isometric Zelda game unique to the 3DS, to be released at the end of the year. Additionally, Yoshi’s Island 3DS and Mario Party 3DS were announced, the latter due during the end-of-year period for at least Japan. Trailers for three of these games can be seen below. A trailer for A Link to the Past II can be viewed in 3D via the 3DS eShop, as can the entire Nintendo Direct presentation.
[youtube id=”6oaS9yBGbmU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
[youtube id=”jfSH7pQSpBU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
[youtube id=”OS8u0yGFeE8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Though a little lighter in Wii U news, Nintendo still had stuff to say. Popular RPG Earthbound will be making its way to the Wii U Virtual Console sometime later this year, and the system itself will be updated later this month with a firmware patch that dramatically improves application loading times. Pikmin 3 has been dated July for Japan, and August for the US, but has yet to receive a PAL update. Meanwhile New Super Luigi U, a downloadable Luigi themed expansion pack for New Super Mario Bros. U, will go live in July.
- NEWS: Struggling to find a PlayStation Vita title to play? Struggle no more. A demo for Soul Sacrifice is up on the PlayStation Network store, and you should play it.
- NEWS: Speaking of Sony, according to CVG, the publisher is mere weeks away from announcing Gran Turismo 6. For PlayStation 4 we assume, if true.
- VIDEO: Finally, here’s a cool behind the scenes video for Melbourne based developer Straight Right’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut.
[youtube id=”ANxdHQ0BVFE” width=”600″ height=”350″]