- NEWS: Did Microsoft use the word ‘TV’ too many times during their reveal of the Xbox One? Probably. Well, the good news is that Microsoft have confirmed that their E3 press conference will have a strong focus on games.
- NEWS: For those of you who bought God of War: Ascension, you can now download a demo for Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us from the PlayStation Store. Simply go to Ascension‘s main menu and select the option. The demo will not be made available for everyone else, but fortunately the game’s release date on the 14th of June isn’t far off.
- NEWS: After being bombarded with comments from gamers who are anxious about the possiblity that the PlayStation 4 will employ DRM and restrictions on used games, Sony have responded in a rather cheeky way on Twitter. Shuhei Yoshida, the president of Sony’s Wordwide Studios, tweeted about an ‘upcoming game’ called Death Ray Manta. The supposed game’s initials are no coincidence, and Shuhei used the hastag #DRMPSVita when he posted the tweet.
- VIDEO: Microsoft have released a video featuring the Xbox One design team talking about the next-gen console’s looks, and its User Interface.
[youtube id=”1BlhvX0D6ow” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: It seems that the Ouya console will have some competition, as BlueStacks have announced their own Android based console, GamePop. Rather than buying individual games, the GamePop charges users a monthly fee that gives them full access to the console’s game library. Also, rather than requiring a specialised controller, the GamePop allows players to use their iPhone or Android device as a controller.
- NEWS: Tim Schafer, the founder and game designer at Double Fine productions, has spoken out about Sony and Microsoft’s approaches to indie gaming in regards to their new consoles. He’s pleased with Sony’s efforts, but less impressed with Microsoft’s, as they seem to be ‘focused elsewhere’.
- VIDEO: Sony have released the first part of their behind the scenes look at Sega’s upcoming remake of Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse. The development team have been fortunate enough to have the game’s original director, Emiko Yamamoto, on board for the project.
[youtube id=”Rha2V96pftw” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- VIDEO: Sony have also released an interview with some of the people who are working on the rather pretty PlayStation 4 launch title, Killzone: Shadow Fall. They’re pretty excited about the new hardware.
[youtube id=”MSszuiZXZPk” width=”600″ height=”350″]