- NEWS: Blizzard Entertainment have managed to raise $2.3 million via World of Warcraft, all of which will be donated to help victims of the devastating Hurrican Sandy. Blizzard sold a special in-game pet for $10, as part of a funding drive which carried on over the course of December. A great effort indeed.
- VIDEO: A website called ValveTime.net has posted exclusive screenshots of a Half Life 2 spin-off game that was in development at Arkane Studios back in 2006. Called Return to Ravenholm, the game ultimately ended up being cancelled by Valve in 2007. Although some concept art has been leaked in the past, this is the first time we’ve seen actual screenshots from the project.
[youtube id=”XRryGWqBNs8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: A report has come in that Borderlands developer Gearbox Software turned down the opportunity to develop a game in the Call of Duty series. The head of the studio, Randy Pitchford, felt that their creative freedom would have been very limited, and that the development wouldn’t be enough of a challenge.
- NEWS: It’s been a long wait, but Blizzard Entertainment have finally revealed details about Diablo III‘s upcoming patch. The 1.0.7 patch will introduce player versus player dueling, and will be released to the Public Test Realm very soon. You can read all the details here.
- NEWS: Nippon Ichi Software have announced that Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories will be available as a PlayStation 2 Classic on the PlayStation Store on the 22nd of January. That’s only for folks in the US at this point, but surely a release for the PAL stores will follow.