- NEWS: Fancy a trip to Ballarat? Take a drive to the Mining Exchange on the 17/18 May and you can spend both days at the Ballarat: Get Into Games careers expo. The 17th is aimed at students looking to get into game industry related careers, meanwhile the 18th is an open day for everyone. Talks on careers in the industry, as well as hands-on time with numerous new games, will be on offer for all attending. And it’s all completely free. Check out more details as well as the two day schedule on the official Ballarat: Get Into Games website.
- NEWS: EA and FIFA aren’t going anywhere. The publisher has secured the football/soccer license for additional years, bringing the game related contract up to 2022. The future of FIFA, as well as EA’s next generation sports engine, are set to reveal at E3 2013.
- NEWS: In a few months Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers will launch on iOS, PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. And, according to a press release sent out by Wizards of the Coast, the game will enhance the usual Duels of the Planeswalkers experience with Sealed Play and Silver Cards. Silver Play aims to replicate the experience of opening random booster packs, with sealed decks and booster packs drawing from a pool of 84 cards to build your army. As for Silver Cards, these powered creatures include Bonescythe, Thorncaster, Megantic, Groundshaker, and more.
- VIDEO: The Japanese trailer for the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – Blade Wolf DLC is live, and you should probably watch it.
[youtube id=”tiZBw4XePnQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: According to SRK, Injustice: Gods Among Us is the latest game to be added to the EVO 2013 fighter line-up, joining the likes of Super Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat, Persona 4 Arena, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and many more. As with previous years, Skullgirls yet again gets the shaft.
- NEWS: DICE is under attack. Or more specifically, their Battlefield 3 servers are. According to a statement issued by EA/DICE, the servers have been taken down by a DDOS attack. Angry fans? Neck-beard warriors? One in the same? Take your pick. Due to the server disturbance DICE has moved their originally planned 9-13 May double XP weekend event to an unspecified later date.
- NEWS: Don’t fret if you missed out on the PlayStation Vita’s Dead or Alive 5+, as according to Siliconera the surgically enhanced version is heading to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Under the name Dead or Alive Ultimate 5, it includes all the content of 5+, as well as new characters.
- VIDEO: Later this year we’re getting The Forest, an open world survivor horror game for PC. Fans of the likes of Slender should check out the teaser trailer below.
[youtube id=”4qTtVMM3uqQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- VIDEO: Wolfenstein commeth, now from Machinegames, and called Wolfenstein: The New Order. Headed by ex-Starbreeze staff best know for The Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness, The New Order semi-reboots the Wolfenstein series, pushing the story forward a good twenty or so years to a 1960’s Nazi super science future. Expect lots of explosions.
[youtube id=”E6opaIl8h8U” width=”600″ height=”350″]