- NEWS: As you’ve no doubt already heard, Disney has today closed LucasArts, laying off 150 staff from the development studio, while cancelling the upcoming Star Wars 1313 and First Assault. Founded in 1982, the 30+ year old studio built a legacy not just on numerous Star Wars branded titles, but also for its strides in the adventure genre, serving as a platform for titles like Grim Fandango, The Secret of Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Maniac Mansion. Rocket Chainsaw would like to wish the best to LucasArts staff finding careers elsewhere.
- NEWS: Legendary Rare musician Grant Kirkhope has made the soundtrack for Nintendo 64 classic Banjo-Kazooie available as pay-what-you-want on his official website. Grab it, and donate generously!
- NEWS: More evidence on the Bravely Default localisation pile, Siliconera has claimed that numerous sources at the recent GDC corroborated rumours that Square-Enix was in the process of translating the 3DS RPG for an English release.
- NEWS: Tecmo Koei has announced via press release that the musou genre isn’t going away, revealing Dynasty Warriors 8 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Retaining iconic gameplay, Dynasty Warriors 8 introduces new “What if?” scenarios, which allow players to experience new missions from the perspective of characters that had previously fallen in combat. Dynastic Warriors 8 is on track for a release at the end of July.
- VIDEO: BattleBlock Theater launch trailer!
[youtube id=”ohtLy9wict0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]