There’s just been a bevy of new details from 2K and Gearbox released about Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, the upcoming spinoff of the Borderlands franchise set in the world of Tiny Tina’s fantasy role-playing board game.
The game lets players choose one of six classes, two of which have been revealed as ‘Stabbomancer’ and ‘Brr-Zerker’. According to their provided details:
- Stabbomancers are sneaky, critical-hit-focused assassins who summon magic whirling blades to the battlefield and disappear into the shadows at will. They are all about creating and capitalizing on opportunities. The skilful Stabbomancer exploits foes’ weaknesses to stealthily strike vital targets to bring enemies down before they know what hit them;
- Brr-Zerkers are tenacious, frost-infused bruisers who complement their firepower with an onslaught of brutal melee attacks. They are hardy warriors who hail from the frozen mountains, with a long line of ancestors who trained their bodies to withstand and even harness the bitter cold of icy winters. In battle, Brr-Zerkers prefer to do their fighting up close and personal, taking point on the front lines as a whirling maelstrom of exceptionally chilly death.
You can check out a video introducing them below.
In addition, several new environments have been revealed. Again, from their write-up:
- Brighthoof is the crown jewel of Queen Butt Stallion’s bodacious queendom and a beacon of light to all who yearn to bunker or be badass. Though diligently protected by the honoured Diamond Guard, the capital city of the Wonderlands has (of-late) been brought low by nefarious enemies;
- Butt Stallion’s Castle, Castle Sparklewithers, is brighter than the shiniest stars and more magical than the most majestic mages. The castle glows so brightly, the queendom is bathed in eternal light;
- Sunfang Oasis seems like the ideal reprieve from the unrelenting heat of deserts in the Wonderlands, with its lush foliage, shimmering lagoons, and colossal ruins from civilizations long past. But unwary travellers lured in by these calming sights won’t notice the ever-nearing slither of the ferocious Coiled until it’s too late.
- The Tangledrift beanstalk lifted up entire chunks of earth as its stem grew to pierce the heavens, creating an ecosystem unto itself high above the clouds. Some folks have adapted to this ludicrously lofty lifestyle and made the most of their surprise high-rise homes. But even towns in the sky aren’t out of harm’s reach.
You can check more about the game from the first Dev Diary posted on the game’s official website. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is currently set for a release on 25 March, 2022 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.