Finished Assassin’s Creed III yet? How about Liberation? No? Well, that’s okay. Now that you’ve put your controller and/or Vita down, it’s time for today’s daily gaming news!
- NEWS: Castle Wolfenstein is coming to the big screen, according to an announcement made at the American Film Market. Roger Avary will write and direct the film, while Samuel Hadida and Panorama Media will be serving as producer. Avary has worked with Hadida in the past, writing the script for the first Silent Hill movie.
- NEWS: The CEO of Blitz Games, Philip Oliver, was named ‘Person of the Year’ at the TIGA awards. The TIGA awards, running for the first time this year, are designed to reward the best games in the industry over the last 12 months. They also serve to highlight good practice in the industry, those that contribute the most to its long-term innovation.
- VIDEO: Portal 2: In Motion is a major piece of DLC for the PS3 version of Portal 2. It introduces PlayStation Move support to the game, and new gameplay mechanics, including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. Check out the debut trailer below:
[youtube id=”D5Bd9Q2WLIk” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Nintendo of America have announced via Twitter that they’ll be bringing the pink and white coloured 3DS XL consoles to the US, following on from the recent release of the colours in Japan.
- NEWS: Sony Online Entertainment and Twitch have just announced a new partnership, which will allow for integrating live broadcasting functionality into Sony Online’s upcoming games. Planetside 2 will be the first title to be able to upload gameplay directly to the Twitch platform with a single click.
- NEWS: Today is the American Library Association’s International Games Day, with participating libraries around the world holding a variety of gaming activities, including board games, role playing games, an international “Epic Super Smash Bros. Brawl” tournament, and more. Check out the official website for local info.
- VIDEO: Nintendo have released a couple of new anime promos for their upcoming Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS. You can view them below:
[youtube id=”r69hFgRXtbM” width=”600″ height=”350″]
[youtube id=”9BXqojjxyMw” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Running With Scissors have announced that Postal 2 Complete is now available via Steam. Postal 2 Complete includes the complete single player game, Share The Pain, the RWS multiplayer game and the Apocalypse Weekend expansion pack.
- NEWS: Crytek have announced that if you pre-order Crysis 3, you’ll get the original game (in digital format) for free. “The release of Crysis in 2007 was truly a watershed moment for first-person shooters and raised the bar on cutting-edge visuals and gameplay and we could not be more thrilled to include the original game as a pre-order bonus” said Crytek’s President, Cevat Yerli.
- VIDEO: As part of their pre-Wii U launch marketing, Nintendo of Greece let a group of Marios loose in a shopping centre. So many moustaches: