Next time somebody rants “video games are bad for you”, you can follow up your torrent of insults with the information obtained in today’s gaming news report. And no, we’re not going to tell you what that information is until you read it.
- NEWS: Every once in awhile a registered trademark lets slip a game yet to be announced. Could this be one? Capcom has registered something called Fighters of Capcom. What could it be?
- NEWS: Grinding gamers around the world were surprised to find, earlier this evening, that Treyarch had pulled Nuketown 24/7 from the Black Ops 2 map roster. To much disappointment too, as the bonus map was promised to run for seven days, not six. Alas, before fans had time to put their angry letters in the mail, the map came back, now part of a new ‘Chaos Moshpit‘ mode. Enjoy the bloodbath, kids.
- VIDEO: It’s always great to get insight into the development process of our favourite titles. Sony have kindly granted us such a window, releasing a ‘making of’ video for the upcoming God of War: Ascension.
[youtube id=”3_iE6t0tyCw” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: BioWare producer Casey Hudson is collecting data from fans to project the best path for Mass Effect 4. Today’s question: would you like to see the next game take place before or after the trilogy? Hit up his twitter to let him know your thoughts.
- NEWS: Our PC readers, doubling as Assassin’s Creed fans, will be pleased to learn (via PC Gamer) that Assassin’s Creed 3 for their favourite platform will be enhanced with various graphical goodies. Of note, DirectX 11 implementation will allow for tessellated polygons, and texture resolution ranges from double to quadruple the size of console counterparts. Should be quite the looker!
- VIDEO: Are games good or bad for us? Do they improve our reflexes, or rot our brains? Why are we asking this question? Because you’re reading Rocket Chainsaw. May the following TED talk leave you enlightened and informed.
[youtube id=”FktsFcooIG8″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Do you want more Uncharted? Do you want a virtual card game? If you answered “yes” to both of these questions, then boy do we have the game for you! Sony has today announced Uncharted: Fight for Fortune, a PlayStation Vita exclusive turn-based card battling game starring all your favourite (and not so favourite) Uncharted series characters. If you’d like to know how it plays, check out the official PlayStation blog.
- VIDEO: This is a Digimon Adventure trailer. You should probably watch it.
[youtube id=”P8e5np85CvQ” width=”600″ height=”350″]