Officially, this time, BioWare has announced Mass Effect 3: Rebellion, the second content enhancement pack for Mass Effect 3‘s multiplayer component. Though most of the details line up correctly with the original leak, there’s a few corrections as well as bit more information to share this time around. As it is, Mass Effect 3: Rebellion will enhance your multiplayer game with:
- Vorcha soldier and sentinel, Quarian male infiltrator and engineer, and ex-Cerberus adept and vanguard (previously named ‘Phoenix’). Each of the six new classes will have their own unique power. For example, the Vorcha soldier has something called ‘bloodlust’, while the ex-Cerberus vanguard is equipped with an energy whip-like lash attack.
- Firebase Jade and Firebase Goddess maps. The former set near a Salarian reservoir, the latter on the Asari home world Thessia.
- Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle, Reegar Carbine Shotgun, and Krysae Sniper Rifle for unlock.
- New in-game mission objective: during wave three, six or ten, this new objective tasks players with retrieving a valuable package, and then escorting it safely to a designated zone.
- New gear slot: unlike the three, mission specific gear slots, this new slot will provide a persistent upgrade to weapons or abilities.
Plenty of goodies, by the looks of things, that should keep players very busy.
A few screenshots of the new characters can be seen below. As for a date, Mass Effect 3: Rebellion will go live for download on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on 29 May for the United States, and 30 May for Europe. No idea where we fit into that.
Oh, and as long as you have access to a Mass Effect 3 online pass (which you would, if you bought the game new), the Rebellion pack will be completely free.