- NEWS: Patient Mortal Kombat fans rejoice, for the most recent Mortal Kombat is finally heading our way. Released in 2011, Mortal Kombat was banned in Australia, failing to pass our classifications requirement due to excessive torture violence. Or something like that. A reissue, titled Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition has passed the new rating system, earning a suitable R18+ rating, according to the official twitter. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, which contains all the base game’s downloadable content and goodies on the disk, will release in Australia on 1 May 2013, priced at an affordable AU$39.95.
- VIDEO: The first gameplay footage of Dark Souls II has been revealed in trailer form, and can be enjoyed below.
[youtube id=”biW7B15h17g” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: The Dark Knight commeth! Warner Bros. Interactive has announced via press release Batman: Arkham Origins, the third major game in the Arkham line of Batman titles. Not made by Rocksteady, but instead the newly founded Warner Bros. Montreal, Arkham Origins will tell the story of a young Bruce Wane as he fights against Black Mask, Deathstroke, and other DC Comic villains on a Gotham City Christmas Eve. Batman: Arkham Origins will be available later this year for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U. Alongside this announcement, Warner were able to confirm Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, a second Batman title this time for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. Developed by Armature Studio, a collaborative founded by ex-Rare staff who worked on Metroid Prime, Blackgate will feature 2.5D style Metroidvania scrolling gameplay. And it too will release later this year.
- VIDEO: Obsidian Entertainment’s Project Eternity Kickstarter project has had its first engine footage revealed. Powered by Unity, Obsidian has built a fancy isometric 2D/3D hybrid engine, which allows artists to construct environments with dynamic 3D depth for lighting and physics, yet still render the game on a hand painted 2D plane. Check out this alpha footage to see it in motion.
[youtube id=”AUleDEFkUtE” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Folk hopeful for more Darkstalkers should refrain from uncrossing their fingers. According to Siliconera, Capcom US’s senior Vice President, sales of the excellent Darkstalkers Resurrection have been lower than expected. Hopefully this does not damage the chances of Darkstalkers 4.
- VIDEO: The announcement was leaked. Then the game itself was leaked. But that hasn’t stopped Ubisoft issuing a totally radical Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon trailer. It’s also up for pre-order on Steam, too. Is Michael Biehn worth AU$17.95? Watch this trailer to find out.
[youtube id=”8zh94nidjpM” width=”600″ height=”350″]