Today Ubisoft has uploaded a new trailer revealing the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla post launch content, including everything you’ll get in the season pass as well as what’s included in the free updates.
There will be two huge story expansions taking players to Ireland to face the Druids, and then to Frankia to take part in the historic viking siege of Paris. The Season Pass will also contain one final bonus mission, The Legend of Beowulf, which will be available at launch next month.
Ubisoft also revealed there will be at least four seasonal DLC packs in the Valhalla post launch content which will be completely free to all players of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, with the first DLC launching before the end of 2020.
And finally, Ubisoft has announced that there will be a full Discovery Tour for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s 9th century Britain. They’ll have more to say about that at a later date, as right now they’re focused on the main game’s launch.
Rocket Chainsaw recently took a deep dive into Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gameplay, and you can read more about that here.
Watch the official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Post Launch & Season Pass Trailer below:
Two major expansions will come to the game in 2021 as part of the Season Pass, and the first round of post-launch content begins this December with the release of Season 1, which will include access to free seasonal content and in-game events, like the Viking Yule Festival, as well as new settlement buildings and game modes. Check below for a full rundown of what else is planned for Season 1, which will be available free to all players:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
Season 2, also free to all players, will follow on March 2021, and will also include free content including a new combat-oriented game mode, a Jomsviking update, and Settlement festivals, along with new gear and cosmetic items. Details on Season 3 will be revealed at a later date, but Season 2 isn’t the only content coming in 2021.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will launch on PC, PlayStation 4, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X on November 10, with a PlayStation 5 version coming at that console’s launch on November 12 (note: physical PS5 copies have been slightly delayed, check with your retailer). For more information, check out the official website.