Pokemon Go Generation 2 Details
Niantic today launched the first major update for Pokemon GO, giving players access to a second generation of Pokemon, as well as other key changes to the massively popular mobile game for Android and iOS. Players will now be able to catch a further 80 Pokemon, and there are also two new berry types giving trainers even more possibilities to catch ’em all. Full Pokemon GO Generation 2 details can be seen in a new trailer posted by Niantic below:
The update can’t come soon enough as player levels have been dwindling in what was one of the msot successful mobile app launches of all time. Players have wanted certain features including the ability to trade and battle with other trainers, and unfortunately this update doesn’t cover those features, but with another 80 Pokemon added to the mix, at least there is something to keep trainers interested in the augmented reality game.
The full list of updates in the Pokemon GO Generation 2 patch released today include:
Pokemon GO Generation 2 Details:
- Over 80 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokémon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poké Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokémon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
For the full technical specs, Pokemon GO is now updated to version 0.57.2 for Android and 1.27.2 for iOS devices.