It’s been ten long years since we last saw a Formula wheel from Thrustmaster, but today we take a look at the next evolution, the Thrustmaster Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel, which is coming to Australia in August 2021.
With EA & Codemasters’ F1 2021 just weeks away from release and the Formula 1 season being the most interesting we’ve had in years (thanks Max!), Thrustmaster could not have picked a better year to launch the new Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel, bringing the wheel up to speed with what the real Formula drivers use.
Based on the real wheel of the single-seater race car in which Scuderia Ferrari marked its 1,000th Grand Prix during the 2020 season, Thrustmaster has designed a replica worthy of the event. Featuring a variety of innovations and technical tours de force which represent a new level of achievement for the company, the wheel provides a truly cutting-edge racing experience for owners of a Thrustmaster T-Series base and helps them completely own the race.
Having listened closely to the Scuderia Ferrari community, Thrustmaster is excited for this product to delight fans as well as racing enthusiasts and gamers keen to discover the world of Ferrari through this replica of the SF1000 wheel.
Check out the Thrustmaster Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel reveal trailer below:
The dream is becoming real.
Thrustmaster is thrilled to unveil its new Ferrari wheel, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition.
The Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel Add-On is fully compatible with the following racing wheel bases: TS-PC Racer, T-GT Servo Base, TS-XW Servo Base, TX Racing Wheel Servo Base and T300 Racing Wheel Servo Base.
For the wheel’s launch, Thrustmaster has introduced native integration of the screen in the game F1 2020 from Codemasters on PS4, PS5 and PC. Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S users can enjoy the screen in the game thanks to the wireless telemetry connectivity by configuring the wheel via the Thrustmaster TM Connect Web platform.
Rocket Chainsaw gave F1 2020 4.5 stars, stating that it’s, “the most fun you’ll have in an F1 game this generation no matter your skill level, and with plenty of gameplay modes you’ll find you keep coming back for more.“
In addition to its elegance, the Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel is also an incredibly powerful tool that prioritizes performance. Following Scuderia Ferrari’s commitment to constant innovation and excellence, the wheel incorporates several features designed to reach the highest levels:
- 100% carbon fiber faceplate combining firmness with a lightweight design, for accurate, perfectly-balanced Force Feedback and enhanced racing control.
- Textured rubber grips for exceptional racing comfort, allowing users to remain highly focused throughout long gaming sessions.
- 11 physical action buttons (up to 25 in total) with a firm feel, to avoid inadvertent activation, plus 7 encoders (including 2 thumbwheels) — 5 more than were available on the previous Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On.
- 100% aluminum paddle shifters featuring both push/pull and magnetic technologies, for clear, precise activation in order to help avoid driving errors, and allowing for an unlimited lifespan.
- 2 alternative, customizable analog paddle shifters.
Currently we know of some of the global pricing ($349.99 USD, €349.99 Euros, £329.99 pounds) but we are yet to confirm an Australian RRP from Thrustmaster, though it’s looking to be in the ~$600-700 AUD range.
The Thrustmaster Ferrari SF1000 Formula Wheel will launch in Australia on August 26. Stay tuned to Rocket Chainsaw for more information regarding pricing, and for more information head to the official Thrustmaster website.