Posted December 6, 2012 by Jarrod Mawson in News
Daily Gaming News – 6/12/12
We think things…and they happen.
- NEWS: Nintendo has hosted not one, but three Nintendo Direct presentations in the last twenty four hours, covering the three major regions of the world. Though next to nothing significant was announced, the company did elaborate on projected launch dates for some of their upcoming software. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS is aiming to arrive around March 2013, meanwhile the highly anticipated Pikmin 3 for Wii U has slipped into Q2 2013. The Wii U’s Lego City Undercover is looking to launch in the early parts of the new year, and the PAL localisation of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will hit 3DS and Wii U in March. 3DS fans can look forward to Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Fire Emblem: Awakening in Q2 of 2013.
- NEWS: Boasting of their success as all good companies do, Bandai Namco has issued a press release announcing the Tales of series having broken a whopping 5,000,000 shipped products worldwide. The most recent release, Tales of Xillia 2, which launched in Japan at the start of November, has shipped a total of 480,000 in that region.
- VIDEO: Snazzy new Pikmin 3 trailer showing off the latest build? You betcha.
[youtube id=”YAiielCzc3o” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- NEWS: Team Ninja has elaborated some new DLC for the Wii U’s Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge. Previously the company had stated that Momiji from Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword would arrive via DLC, and now she will be followed by Kasumi from Dead or Alive. Both playable characters will be a free download.
- NEWS: Eurogamer has reported that a successor to Streets of Rage existed. Well, more like a remake. The 3D re-imagining was to be headed by Crackdown developer Ruffian Games, but never saw development beyond a prototype.
- VIDEO: Get a little insight into the development process behind Studio Ghibli and LEVEL-5’s collaboration on Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch with their very first Behind the Scenes documentary.
[youtube id=”mFs18vBeTGk” width=”600″ height=”350″]